Excite

Liam Gallagher in lethal peanut scare

  • Getty Images

Liam Gallagher nearly met a premature end courtesy of a blue peanut M & M. A spot of careless snacking ended up with the former Oasis singer suffering a severe allergic reaction and anaphylactic shock.

The lethal chocolate-coated peanut had managed to find its way into the singer's hotel when he was on holiday. He was rushed to hospital and treated swiftly. Until then he wasn't aware that he was allergic to nuts.

Gallagher saw the irony in a rock star with a reputation for hard-living nearly being killed by a sweet. "I've done some stuff over the years but never, never did I think that a f***ing blue M & M would be the thing that nearly killed me," he told The Sun.

Gallagher, always a natural raconteur, played up the drama in the story. "I was in a hotel on holiday and got in and about the mini-bar. I was bored and hungry so it's what you do man. I've always liked M & Ms so I got into them." Gasp. What happened next Liam? "My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat man. I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away."

A merciful escape, if only because we could not bear to think what brother Noel would have said at the funeral if Liam had died from necking the sweeties from the mini-bar. The allergy at least gives Liam the excuse to carry around a syringe everywhere he goes. "I've got to carry one about with me in case of emergencies. Proper Pete Doherty gear."

Despite public demand, Liam's band Beady Eye release their new album BE any day now. The singer revealed that the title was not his choice. He preferred the equally bad Universal Gleam, which sounds like a brand of toilet cleaner.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2017