Excite

Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins pleads guilty of degenerate child abuse

  • Flickr

Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins pleaded guilty to 13 unspeakable sex offences.

The depraved rock star, described by police chiefs as 'a committed paedophile', today admitted all offences against him after months of furiously denying them.

It appears that the reason behind this radical change is that the singer has been convinced by his lawyers to drop his 'it-wasn't-me' attitude as not serving his cause.

The case is complex and sickening without limits, as Watkins degenerate acts include attempting to rape an 11-month-old baby, sexually assaulting a child and conspiring to rape a baby. It has also emerged that he was planning to blow crystal-meth smoke into one of the babies' mouth.

Watkins' two female co-defendants, who cannot be identified, are the young mothers who admitted sexually abusing their own children "at the behest of Ian Watkins".

Detective Chief Inspector Peter Doyle, South Wales Police's senior investigating officer in the case, explains that Watkins had "exploited his celebrity status in order to abuse young children".

The situation is better clarified by NSPCC Wales national head of service Des Mannion, who said: "Ian Watkins clearly had a dangerous obsession with the most severe and extreme forms of child sex abuse. His global public profile provided him with access to impressionable young women who he was able to manipulate to feed his horrific desires.  The length of his sentence should reflect this terrible abuse of power."

Detective Doyle also said that the investigation, unfortunately, has so far uncovered "the most shocking and harrowing child abuse" he had ever come across, while Catrin Evans, head of casework unit at the Crown Prosecution Service, has described the case as involving "sexual exploitation at its worst".

Today the nauseating trio formed by the Lostprophets lead singer and his two co-defendant were ordered to sign the sex offenders' register by the judge, Mr Justice Royce. They will be sentenced on December 18.

South Wales Police has appealed for more potential victims and witnesses to come forward.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2017